Friday, November 16, 2007

Toddler Regression


Today (Friday) was NOT an easy morning for Ashton and BoBo. We had been doing much better since Monday's no-BoBo-day, but today was a regression. Ashton did not want to wear what BoBo had ready. He wanted to wear his dinosaur sleepshirt, but it was shortsleeved and it was way too cold to wear it today. BoBo had to chase him around the nursery and literally struggle to get every item of clothing on Ashton. He kept insisting EVERYTHING was too small, although nothing was. He cried and screamed. I think he really was just missing his Momma and Daddy, and I know he didn't sleep well last night. He tossed and turned and cried out a lot.

I had to apologize to Ashton for fussing with him, and we said our prayers on the way to school, asking for patience and to be nice today - both of us! I think I hurt Ashton's feelings, because I told him BoBo was disappointed in him for being sooo bad this morning. He is also grumpy because I told him that he would not be able to go to the airport or WalMart with PaPa today - if he couldn't behave like a big boy, he didn't get to do big boy stuff. We made peace, but both of us were exhausted by the time we reached SouthEast this morning. I love him, and know I need to be patient with him - SO, PLEASE SAY A PRAYER FOR US BOTH TODAY!

No comments: