Monday, November 12, 2007

Toddler Training Camp - Morning #1

Whewww! BoBo is tired, and it is only 11:00 in the morning!

BoBo finally got Ashton to sleep in his bed last night, and after a few hours with a tiny little toddler foot in her kidney, she went to "the big bed" for a few hours of sleep. BoBo had ironed Ashton's clothes for Monday the night before, had his blanket and bag ready for school, and was dressed before she even got Ashton up. This shouldn't be an ordeal, right? Erica had said 10 minutes, right? BoBo can do this, no problem, and be at work with time to spare, right? HAH!!!

Ashton "tan't walk" this morning. He didn't want to take his night shirt off, and when BoBo finally managed to tug it over his head, he didn't want school clothes on. In fact, he didn't want anything on. He wanted his PaPa, his Granny, his pillow, his anything - just NOT his BoBo. We managed to get clothes and shoes on - "I told you too tight, BoBo" and "I want my water, BoBo - NO, other water", etc. being the refrain of this morning. I went to get his lunch ready - already later than anticipated, mind you, and couldn't find the sippy cups Ashton drinks milk out of! AHHH! Phone call to Granny's house! The only thing I could find was a sippy cup that looked like for a Baby. Granny and PaPa didn't know where to look, either, so I finally got Ashton awake enough to inquire as to where his milk cups were. He sighed rather dramatically when I showed him the one cup that was on the counter and said "Dat for BABY, BoBo!" He just shook his head at me and pointed to the cabinet where the milk cups were. I know he had to be thinking, "and they left HER in charge?"

We managed to make it to the car and loaded up - and I do mean loaded up: His bag, blanket, pillow, lunch bag AND my bag, gym bag, and lunch bag.

I did remember to pray with Ashton on the way to school - I think more for my benefit that his, at that point. We made it to school, and he gave me a big kiss and hug before he turned to play with his friends. As I left, it suddenly occurred to me - I don't think I brushed his hair. Man! It was almost a relief to make it to the office. BoBo survived!!! How many days left? Will I get better and faster at this?!? CanToddlers smell fear!?!

1 comment:

denise said...

Is sounds like BoBo is tired, but doing great! YES, they do smell fear, always act like you know what your doing.(ha,ha)I know its hard right now but yall will workout your own routine. Things will get easier!If you need me Im a phone call away please call!Hannahs wanting to come see Ashy so maybe I can give you a break sometime.Give the little man a hug and kiss from aunt ne and the "girls". Love denise